Friday, September 30, 2011
America is not broken; its voters are just stupid
Read the title of this blog post or this CNN article (Stupid Voters enable broken Government)
and I hope you can assume what this is all about. Yes, I’m a dumb voter, so are
you, and that guy over there across the room. According to LZ Granderson voters
are dumb. Americans like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Donald Trump, and Newt
Gingrich are allowed into the political arena only because we as voters will always
fall for their simple minded rhetoric. Initially the title of the article
caught my eye, but as I read his opinion, and watched his CNN interview I got
to thinking, am I a dumb voter? 2008 was my first time and I remember around
eighty-five percent of my high school classmates were praising, than, Senator
Obama. We wanted him to win, our teachers never said a word, another ten
percent wished they were old enough to vote and the remaining five percent of
high school kids wanted McCain to win. After reading this I recall never
knowing why I voted for Barack Obama, all I can remember is his slogan “Yes we
can!”, I remember Will.I.Am of Black-eyed-Peas fame turning that slogan into a
song. I never read up on anything he stood for, never questioned his reasoning,
I was riding the Obama wave and never thought twice about it. For those of you
who think you’re a dumb voter, give this a read, first watch the interview, then
read the article, after come back here and let me know what you think in the
comments section down below. Can’t wait to hear from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment